Jewelry Appraisals More Than Meets The Eye
All of our appraisals are performed by our experienced staff of American Gem Society Certified gemologists in our AGS Certified Laboratory making us one of the most credentialed appraisers in the St. Louis area.
- Every piece is carefully cleaned and examined.
- Precious metals are identified and gemstones’ weights are estimated using specific formulas, then they are identified and graded.
- Every piece is photographed and accompanied by a detailed description, ensuring your appraisal is thorough and precise.
- Our fee is $125 for the first appraisal and $100 for each additional.
Why do I need an appraisal?
- If you’re a new groom or bride and want to know the value of your ring for insurance purposes.
- If you have inherited a single piece or an entire collection and don’t know the value.
- If you are an executor of an estate and need to know the value of a single piece or an entire collection for estate settlement purposes or equitable distribution.
- If you are looking to sell a single piece or an entire collection and want to know the fair market value to more definitively manage expectations of worth and effectively consider your options for dispersal.
- If you are planning to donate your jewelry and need to have a formal appraisal for tax purposes.